Hamlet's of Hope - Helping to Move People of Faith from the Pulpit and Pew to the Pavement
RSS Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Missio Dei
Does One Size Fit All?
Butterflies Die in Sealed Jars...

Categories

Evangelism-The Missio Dei
HoH Foundation
Musings of Hope!
powered by

Genesis!

Does One Size Fit All?

Perhaps it is time for us to really think about this 'New Thing' that we often claim we want.  This 'New Thing' requires us to have renewed minds which enables us to embrace New Ways.  This 'New Thing' should lead us to rethink our approach, to even re-think the institutional church and the fact that there is no such thing as ONE SIZE FITS ALL.   With the changing landscape, and the challenges to just Be and survive---A "Faith Gathering" might be a legitimate option where a person is able to worship, praise, and serve God.  Surely, we can agree that we're not living in a  closed, 'cookie cutter' society---everyone is at a different place and space in their spiritual journey.

When I was at Howard School of Divinity, I recall one of my professors who reminded us that everyone has not been called to pastor.  This was something that for many seminarians might seem like a sudden death---but it was not meant to be.  Her point was predicated on the understanding of seasonal callings.  That is, if we understand our call, then we are called to do God's will.  Within the Economy of God - God's will exists within time and outside of time.  Though we are called to a vocation of service---it is one that may change as God desires to lead and guide us on our ministerial journey.  We may pastor in one season but teach during another season.  God may call us to be prophets--existing outside the Walls of the church or as counselors and street preachers who stand on a milk carton proclaiming the Word of God.

In the same way, the laity should be open to the fact that there are different faith gatherings for different people [different strokes for different folks]--and they are all valid.  I may prefer becoming a member and serving at a Mega as opposed to a House Church.  Maybe I enjoy the traditional small to mid-size faith institution where my family has attended for 75 years---or because I'm working 2-3 jobs, the Internet fellowship format best meets my spiritual needs.  At the end of the day whatever your preference-it's okay.  We all are on the path of becoming, we need faith options---the key is---to Come, Eat, and Serve!

Whatever, our call we should remain ever mindful of the fact that we are not monolithic---The Gospel is given and received in different formats---This 'New Thing' does not necessarily mean one 'New Thing'---it could be many new methods, options, frameworks that point to a way to worship and serve the One, all-forgiving Lord and Savior - Jesus the Christ who bids us to Come---All you who are heavy laden...TRANSLATION--All you who are dealing with some stuff, foolishness, sadness, pain, and drama---Check the I AM out, tell me all about it, let's hang out and I will help you download your grief.

Onward and Upward in Love and Service to All!  CC

9 Comments to Does One Size Fit All?:

Comments RSS
Norwood Carson on Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:59 AM
One Size Fits All! If the Church (universal) could embrace compassionate love so that everyone feels the invitation of Christ in our places of worship and fellowship----Heaven will have descended to earth! To begin this process, leaders and followers must take the time to understand those who are different and share various convictions of the heart. Let's get busy with it!
Reply to comment

Cheryl Cook on Friday, November 18, 2011 10:58 AM
I think if the faith community would invite, include and embrace---the size or style of the institutional church becomes irrelevant. Souls are saved, lost lives found and broken spirits mended. If only the entire complement of Heavenly and Earthly angels would indeed Get Busy---What a Fire---What Holy Spirit Transformation!

temporary pastel hair chalks on Tuesday, June 4, 2013 3:49 PM
I do enjoy the manner in which you have presented this specific concern plus it does indeed give me a lot of fodder for consideration. Nonetheless, coming from everything that I have witnessed, I just hope when other remarks stack on that people today keep on point and don't embark on a tirade of the news du jour. All the same, thank you for this superb point and while I do not necessarily go along with this in totality, I respect the standpoint.
Reply to comment

sklep ezyrandole.pl on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:19 PM
Small crystal chandeliers; Large crystal chandeliers; Contemporary crystal. With us, you do not need to spend too much to buy a luxurious chandelier and you.

ayannaquist.eu on Thursday, October 31, 2013 1:33 AM
Hello, you used to write excellent.
Reply to comment

www.owdkp.pl on Friday, February 7, 2014 4:33 PM
On-line reading isn't my thing. After that reading those blog I am truly glad. I don’t know about this or other blogs but those I'll emphatically keep coming back to. I add this www to favourites sites. I really recommend it especially to people listening Maroon 5 and Carlos Santana but also all who see others beautifule type of sounds.

Online wigs on Sunday, March 16, 2014 3:10 PM
I am really happy with your stuff provide. I like to bookmark it and i hope in future you w ill keep update us
Reply to comment

Repliki zegarków on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 8:36 PM
What's more---people are called to be disciples-a body of united believers who assemble. This assembly may be in an institution or a formal structure like a temple, chapel or church or it may be a gathering
Reply to comment

Lipozene on Sunday, August 10, 2014 1:03 PM
I believe that you recognize how to construct people pay attention to what you have to pronounce, particularly with a concern that’s so vital. I am pleased to suggest this blog.
Reply to comment